Hello friends. As you hopefully know by now, a few buddies and I started Hail! magazine, a digital publication dedicated to the Washington Redskins.
This weekly e-publication is absolutely free and goes beyond the content of a typical sports publication. In addition to thoroughly covering each and every game during the NFL season, Hail! magazine also gives Redskins fans an inside look at the players representing the burgundy and gold. Whether it be in-depth personality features or a behind-the-scenes look at life off the field, Hail! magazine gives Redskins fans insider access that no one else can match. Some of our weekly features include:
- Ask Andre, Redskins linebacker Andre Carter answers your questions
- Point/counterpoint, the guys from Skinscast debate that week’s hot-button topic
- “Where Are They Now?” feature, catching up with players from yesterday
- Four Downs, an amazing collection of photos from that week’s game
- Cheerleader profile, a chance to get to know the First Ladies of Football
- Pigskins, a weekly comic dedicated to the Redskins
- Plus fan articles, tailgating recipes and much, much more.
If you haven’t seen Hail! magazine yet and would like a sneak peak, here’s a link to our second issue. In it, we spotlight Redskins defensive end Phillip Daniels and his insane powerlifting hobby.
For the feature story, a photographer and I traveled to Chicago the week before training camp to spend a weekend with Daniels to figure out how and why a 37-year-old gets into something as insane like competitive powerlifting. That’s the kind of access we have to the Washington Redskins. That’s why this magazine is like nothing else out there today.
- It’s so incredibly well done, that it looks like an online edition of a full printed magazine. Really great layouts, with a clean, tight design.
- The photography is just fantastic. Very “SI” like, with big feature photo spreads that really draw you in to the articles.
So there you have it. And the best part about Hail! magazine is it’s completely free. All we ask is that you take 10 seconds to click here and subscribe. Why, you ask? Because the more subscribers we have, the better it is for generating revenue for advertising and everything else.
What’s in it for you, you ask? Well, just for signing up, you’re entered for a chance to win an autographed, framed 16 by 20 picture of Santana Moss, a game-worn Phillip Daniels jersey and, I’m proud to announce today that one lucky reader is now going to take home a game-worn Chris Cooley jersey. Tell me any one of those wouldn’t look great in your Redskins room. So thanks to all of you who have already subscribed and for those still on the fence, I’m guessing those goodies should be enticing enough to win you over.