(photo by Brian Murphy)
Got a few things to knock out this morning, so I figured I’d pass along some links to tide folks over.
- It’s often been said that Papa John, Reffkin and I have our best shows after a Redskins loss. If that’s the case, then I for one would be perfectly happy not having another good show for a while. In the meantime, click here to listen to this week’s Skinscast to hear us try to make sense of the season opening debacle.
- Hog Heaven also spends some time breaking down the week one loss to the Giants, specifically on the offensive side of the ball. Post Game Heroes has you covered on the other side of the ball, using screen captures of the game to show novices how the ‘Skins defense fared in the heat of the battle. They also break out pie charts to show that Eli Manning and friends targeted the interceptionally-challenged Carlos Rogers 26 percent of the time when passing. Interesting stuff, to say the least.
- Once you’ve had enough of the Giants game, feel free to head over to Rich Tandler’s Real Redskins blog to see his early take on the ‘Skins chances this weekend against the New Orleans Saints. Tandler has a feeling that this could be a much-needed “get well” week for Jason Campbell, seeing as the Saints made nobodies like Chris Redman and Luke McCown look like competent quarterbacks last season.
- And if that can’t get you fired up, then how about a link to Maxim Magazine’s tribute to the First Ladies of Football? Beauties like Dawn, Anabel and Sooin should help erase week one and get fans in a better frame of mind for the Redskins home opener.
- One non-football link for you as well – HoboTrashcan has a great interview with the guys from “It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.” After reading it, one can’t help but think that Rob McElhenney, Glenn Howerton and Charlie Day are either always “in character” or they’re just a little demented in real life. Either way, it makes for a great TV show.